Carrot Pineapple Bread
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pineapple||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Drained)|
|Grated peeled carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts/Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and set aside.
3. With a spoon beat together the eggs, sugars, oil, and vanilla. Stir in the pineapple. Stir in the dry ingredients.
4. Fold in the carrots and nuts and turn into an oiled and lightly floured 9- by 5- by 3-inch loaf pan.
5. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then turn out on the rack to cool.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3536 Calories from Fat 1817
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 205 g314.8%
Saturated Fat 24.5 g122.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 1909.3 mg79.6%
Total Carbohydrates 390 g130.1%
Dietary Fiber 45.1 g180.4%
Sugars 221.6 g
Protein 63 g125.5%
Vitamin A 517% Vitamin C 113.8%
Calcium 32.2% Iron 82.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet