Carrot Pineapple Bread
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pineapple||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Drained)|
|Grated peeled carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts/Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and set aside.
3. With a spoon beat together the eggs, sugars, oil, and vanilla. Stir in the pineapple. Stir in the dry ingredients.
4. Fold in the carrots and nuts and turn into an oiled and lightly floured 9- by 5- by 3-inch loaf pan.
5. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then turn out on the rack to cool.