|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Oil||3 Tablespoon (for frying)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Turkey breast||1 Pound, sliced|
|Monterey jack cheese slice/Swiss cheese slice||8|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In a bowl, blend milk and eggs together.
3) Plunge the bread slices into the egg mixture.
4) In a saucepan, heat butter or oil and fry the bread on both sides until golden brown.
5) Remove the bread slices off the pan and cool for a few minutes.
6) Place the bread slices on the baking tray.
7) Spread the turkey meat generously and evenly over 4 slices of the French toast.
8) Place 2 cheese slices over each sandwich and top with remaining toast slices.
9) Heat the bread slice in the oven, until cheese melts for 5 minutes.
10) Serve Monte Cristo with small mixed salad if desired.
Calories 572 Calories from Fat 285
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.3%
Saturated Fat 16.1 g80.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 238.9 mg79.6%
Sodium 605.4 mg25.2%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 40 g80.4%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C
Calcium 33.1% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet