Zucchini Nut Bread
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated zucchini||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 Small)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices, and nuts.
3. Beat the egg with the oil and buttermilk. Stir in the zucchini.
4. Add the liquids to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Turn into an oiled 8- by 4- by 2-inch loaf pan.
6. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Then turn out of the pan onto a wire rack and cool completely.