|Active dry yeast||3 Tablespoon|
|Lukewarm water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||10 Tablespoon (1/2 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour/Bread flour||9 Cup (144 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Wheat germ||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water in a quart container. Add 2 tablespoons sugar and let stand in a warm place.
2. Meanwhile, put the butter in a large mixing bowl of an electric mixer and add the boiling water. When the butter is melted, add the oil, salt, remaining sugar, and the honey.
3. Add 6 eggs, one at a time, with the mixer set at low speed. Add the yeast mixture and beat.
4. Add 4 cups of flour and the wheat germ and mix well. Add enough of the remaining flour to make a cohesive dough that can be kneaded.
5. Turn out onto a floured board and knead, drawing in just enough flour to prevent sticking, until smooth and satiny, about 10 minutes.
6. Put the dough in a clean buttered bowl, turn to butter top, cover, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
7. Punch the dough down and divide it into 4 pieces. Divide each of the 4 pieces into 3 and form each of the thirds into a rope by rolling between the palms of the hands. Each rope should be about 12 inches long.
8. Form three ropes into a tight bread. Repeat with other ropes.
9. Place each braid in a greased and floured 9- by 5- by 3-inch loaf pan. Cover and let rise until dough reaches top of pan, about 1 hour.
10. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
11. Lightly beat the remaining egg with 1 tablespoon water.
12. Brash the tops of the breads with the egg mixture and sprinkle with the sesame seeds, if desired. Bake for 30 minutes. Rearrange the loaves during baking if they are not browning evenly. Turn oven off and wait 5 minutes before removing the loaves from oven.
13. The loaves should shake free from the pans. Put each loaf on a wire rack to cool. When cool, put in a plastic bag to freeze.