Baked Brown Bread
|Cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rye||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the flours, wheat germ, baking soda, salt, and raisins.
3. Stir in the egg, oil, buttermilk, and molasses only until the dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Turn into an oiled and lightly floured 8- by 4- by 2-inch loaf pan.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand in the pan on a wire rack for a few minutes, then turn out on the rack.