|Unbleached flour/Bread flour||5 1⁄2 Cup (88 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole bran||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Combine 1 cup flour, the sugar, salt, and yeast in a large bowl. Stir in the bran.
2. Combine the milk, water, honey, and butter in a saucepan and heat until warm, 120 to 130 degrees. Pour into the dry ingredients and beat at medium speed with an electric mixer, for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally.
3. Add the eggs, wheat germ, and enough of the remaining flour to make a thick batter.
4. Beat at high speed for 2 minutes. Stir in enough of the remaining flour to make a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
5. Put the dough in a buttered bowl and turn to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
6. Punch the dough down. Turn onto the board. Divide the dough in half. Shape each half into a loaf and put in an oiled 8 1/2- by 4 1/2- by 2 1/2-inch loaf pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 60 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
8. Bake in the lower half of the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the loaves sound hollow when tapped on the bottom. Cool on wire racks.