Wheat Germ Bread
|Brown rice flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour/Bread flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1. In a bowl, mix together the rice flour, whole wheat flour, and unbleached flour very well.
2. In the large bowl of an electric mixer, mix 1 cup of the flour mixture with the salt, wheat germ, and dry yeast. Stir in the oil.
3. While beating at medium speed, gradually add the hot water and honey. Beat for 2 minutes at high speed, scraping the bowl occasionally.
4. Add 1/2 cup of the flour mixture, or enough flour mixture to make a thick batter. Beat for 2 minutes at high speed.
5. Stir in enough of the remaining flour mixture to make a stiff dough. Turn onto a floured board and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
6. Split the dough into two pieces and form each into a round ball. Put on an oiled baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
8. Bake loaves for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire racks.