Whole Wheat Raisin Bread
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Warm water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
1. Sprinkle the yeast into 2 cups very warm water in a large bowl. Stir until the yeast dissolves. Combine the remaining very warm water with the raisins in a small bowl.
2. Stir the molasses into the yeast mixture. Set in a warm place until mixture bubbles vigorously, about 15 minutes.
3. Stir in the raisins and water, oil, salt, rolled oats, and 4 cups flour. Beat until smooth and gradually stir in 3 more cups flour to make a stiff dough.
4. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
5. Put dough in a greased or oiled bowl and turn to bring the oiled side up. Cover and let stand in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in bulk.
6. Punch the dough down, turn onto a floured board, and knead a few times. Divide in half, cover with the bowl and let rest for 10 minutes. Shape into 2 loaves and place in oiled 9- by 5- by 3-inch loaf pans. Let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes, or until doubled in bulk.
7. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
8. Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden and hollow when tapped on the bottom. Cool on wire racks.