Three Grain Bread
|Unbleached flour||7 Cup (112 tbs) (Unsifted)|
|White cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon (2 Package)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (120-130Degree)|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked brown rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1. In a large bowl mix 2 cups flour, cornmeal, salt, baking soda, and dry yeast. Add the butter.
2. Gradually add the hot water and honey and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed with an electric mixer. Add 1/2 cup more flour and beat for 2 minutes longer.
3. Stir in rice and enough extra flour to make a stiff dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured board and knead for 10 minutes, or until smooth and satiny. Put in an oiled bowl and turn to oil the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
4. Punch the dough down and turn onto floured board. Halve dough, cover, and let rest for 10 minutes. Roll each half into a 9-inch round. Put on an oiled baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 & 1/4 hours.
5. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
6. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, make deep indentations in the rounds at 1-inch intervals. Brush loaves with beaten egg. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the loaves sound hollow when tapped on the bottom. Cool on wire racks.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5493 Calories from Fat 630
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g110.8%
Saturated Fat 34 g170%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 332.4 mg110.8%
Sodium 4367.8 mg182%
Total Carbohydrates 1064 g354.7%
Dietary Fiber 54.7 g218.9%
Sugars 128.4 g
Protein 142 g283.7%
Vitamin A 33% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 28.2% Iron 323.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet