Ginger Oatmeal Molasses Bread
|Unbleached white flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Quick rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
1. Mix 1 cup white flour, the whole wheat flour, oats, yeast, salt, brown sugar, and ginger in a large bowl.
2. Heat the milk, molasses, and oil until very warm. Stir into the dry ingredients. Then beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
3. Gradually stir in enough white flour to make a firm dough. Turn out on a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Put in an oiled bowl, turning to oil top.
4. Cover with a sheet of plastic wrap, allowing the wrap to touch dough. Let rise in warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled.
5. Turn out, punch the dough down, and let rest, covered with the same sheet of plastic, for 15 minutes. Then shape in a loaf and put in an oiled 9- by 5- by 3-inch loaf pan.
6. Let rise for 30 minutes, or until light.
7. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
8. Bake the bread for 35 minutes, or until well browned and done.