No Knead Whole Wheat Bread
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon|
|Lukewarm water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Soy flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Non-fat dry milk powder||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||3 Tablespoon|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Mix together the yeast and warm water. Add the molasses and sugar and let stand for 10 minutes, or until yeast dissolves and mixture starts to bubble.
2. Meanwhile, mix together the whole wheat flour, soy flour, dry milk, wheat germ, brewer's yeast, and salt.
3. Stir the yeast mixture and add half the flour mixture and the oil. Beat vigorously and add only as much additional flour mixture as can be beaten in easily.
4. Continue to beat the mixture until it is smooth and elastic, at least 10 minutes. With the spoon and the hands, work in the remaining flour mixture.
5. Turn into two well-oiled 8 1/2- by 4 1/4- by 2 1/2-inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise until mixture has doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
7. Bake for 50 minutes, or until the loaves sound hollow when tapped on the bottom. Cool on wire racks.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4345 Calories from Fat 750
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g132.8%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g60.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22 mg7.3%
Sodium 4477 mg186.5%
Total Carbohydrates 776 g258.7%
Dietary Fiber 111.4 g445.7%
Sugars 147.1 g
Protein 176 g352.6%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 7.5%
Calcium 168.4% Iron 248.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet