No Salt White Bread
|Active dry yeast||1|
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1. In large bowl, combine yeast and 1 cup flour. In 1-quart saucepan over low heat, heat water and 1/4 cup salad oil until very warm (120° to 130°F.).
2. With mixer at low speed, gradually beat liquid into dry ingredients just until blended. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes, occasionaHy scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Beat in 3/4 cup flour to make a thick batter; continue beating 2 minutes, scraping bowl often. With wooden spoon, stir in 1 1//4 cups flour to make a soft dough.
3. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes, working in more flour (about 3/4 cup) while kneading. Shape dough into a ball; place in greased large bowl, turning dough to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm place (80° to 85°F.) until doubled, about 1 hour.
4. Punch down dough. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; cover and let rest 15 minutes for easier shaping. Grease 9" by 5" loaf pan.
5. Shape dough into loaf; place, seam side down, in loaf pan. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven to 400CF. Brush loaf with salad oil. Bake loaf 30 minutes or until loaf tests done. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.