1. In a large container add in water, flour, mother culture, spelt and rye. Mix well and let it sit for 12 hours.
2. Preheat the oven at 200 degrees C.
3. In a large bowl add in flour water and starter. Knead the dough over the countertop. Divide the dough into 2 equal parts.
4. Add in the salt to the flour and knead again as shown in the video.
5. Rub ½ tbsp. of the sea salt over the counter top and slap the dough over it. Follow the same process with rest of the dough.
6. Roll the dough and place in a meatloaf pan. Let it rest for 3 hrs.
7. Bake in oven for 40 – 55 minutes.
8. Serve Sourdough Bread with poached eggs and low fat milk.
This is the second and final part of the Rye Bread recipe. This part talks about finishing the dough and baking it. It is higher in fiber than a white bread and has a strong flavor too! Watch this video for more details!
Vals Super Sourdough Spelt Rye Bread- Part 1 Recipe Video