Date Walnut Bread
|Pitted dates||8 Ounce, chopped|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
1. Combine dates, water, sugar and butter in a 2-quart glass measuring pitcher. Cook uncovered in microwave oven 8 minutes at High. Cool to lukewarm.
2. Preheat convection oven to 325°F.
3. Stir eggs into date mixture. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to date mixture and stir to blend well. Stir in walnuts and vanilla extract.
4. Spread mixture evenly in a greased 2-quart glass loaf dish.
5. Place loaf dish on bottom metal rack. Cook in microwave/convection oven 30 to 35 minutes at Combination I, or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes. Remove from dish to cooling rack.