It is summer and you are overloaded with Zucchini and you need to do something so you make a zucchini bread.
3 Large, lightly beaten
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Pure olive oil
1 Cup (16 tbs)
All purpose flour
3 Cup (48 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs), grated
1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large work bowl add eggs and sugar, whisk well to combine then whisk in oil and vanilla.
3. Sift dry ingredients together; baking powder, baking soda, flour and cinnamon. Slowly add the dry to the wet ingredients using a wooden spoon until well combined.
4. Add zucchini and walnuts and mix well.
5. Add batter to a greased loaf pan until it’s roughly 3/4 full.
6. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean, cool on rack before slicing.
Chef’s Notes: Zucchini walnut bread can be frozen after it’s completely cooled.
Come summer and you start thinking of ways to use up excess of zucchini in your refrigerator? If so, then what yummier way to combine freshly grated zucchini with some flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar, cloves and ginger and bake yummy zucchini bread. Chef Keith Snow shares an easy and quick zucchini bread recipe that makes for ideal dessert or afternoon treat.