Sesame Tea Bread
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Untoasted sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
2. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder together and mix in the toasted sesame seeds.
3. Cream the sugar and shortening together until fluffy and beat in the eggs. Blend in the lemon rind and milk. Add all at once to the flour mixture and mix only until the ingredients are blended, about thirty strokes. Use the cut-and-fold method of mixing and stop at the end of the fifteenth stroke to scrape down the bowl and spoon with a rubber spatula.
4. Turn the mixture into a well-greased, lightly floured 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle the untoasted sesame seeds over the top.
5. Bake one hour and ten minutes. Cool
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3133 Calories from Fat 995
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 114 g176%
Saturated Fat 28.2 g141%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 456.9 mg152.3%
Sodium 3218.5 mg134.1%
Total Carbohydrates 460 g153.3%
Dietary Fiber 19.8 g79.3%
Sugars 153.3 g
Protein 76 g152.1%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 10.7%
Calcium 217.8% Iron 178.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet