|Yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Lukewarm milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Sweet butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Dissolve the yeast in the milk.
2. Sift together the flour and salt and stir in the yeast mixture. Knead until smooth and elastic.
3. Place the dough in a greased bowl, grease the top of the dough and let rise in a warm place (85° F.) until doubled in bulk.
4. -Roll the dough out in a long strip, dot with bits of the butter and fold into thirds. Turn so that an open edge is nearest. Pat and roll into another long strip, fold into thirds, wrap in waxed paper and chill well.
5. Roll the chilled dough out and fold the ends to the center. Fold again as above, wrap and refrigerate- Remove and repeat the process a fourth time.
6. The last time, roll the dough out a little thinner (about one-eighth inch) but do not fold. Cut into triangles and brush one tip of each with beaten egg yolk mixed with a little water. Roll from the wide end to the tip, pressing to seal. Shape into half moons.
7. Place on well-buttered cookie sheets, cover with waxed paper atid let rise until doubled in bulk.
8. Brush the tops with beaten egg yolk and bake in a preheated hot oven (425° F.) twenty to twenty-five minutes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1935 Calories from Fat 964
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 110 g168.5%
Saturated Fat 66.7 g333.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 460.1 mg153.4%
Sodium 1066.6 mg44.4%
Total Carbohydrates 203 g67.7%
Dietary Fiber 8 g31.9%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 36 g71.9%
Vitamin A 67.8% Vitamin C 0.03%
Calcium 28.1% Iron 69.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet