|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Unpeeled ground apples and juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated sharp cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped nut meats||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
3. Cream the shortening, add the sugar gradually and continue working until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating about one minute after each addition. Add the apples, cheese and nuts and mix well.
4. Add the dry ingredients in two portions, mixing only until all the flour is dampened.
5. Turn into a greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. Push the batter well up into the corners of the pan, leaving the center slightly hollow. Bake one hour.