|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Unpeeled ground apples and juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated sharp cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped nut meats||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
3. Cream the shortening, add the sugar gradually and continue working until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating about one minute after each addition. Add the apples, cheese and nuts and mix well.
4. Add the dry ingredients in two portions, mixing only until all the flour is dampened.
5. Turn into a greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. Push the batter well up into the corners of the pan, leaving the center slightly hollow. Bake one hour.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2865 Calories from Fat 1225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 141 g217.2%
Saturated Fat 46.5 g232.4%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 482.7 mg160.9%
Sodium 3529.4 mg147.1%
Total Carbohydrates 344 g114.6%
Dietary Fiber 11 g44%
Sugars 147.2 g
Protein 53 g106.4%
Vitamin A 21.7% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 86.4% Iron 81.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet