High Protein Bread
|Yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Lukewarm water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sifted|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Full fat soy flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Nonfat dry milk||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Dissolve yeast in water.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the liquid and mix well. Add shortening and continue mixing until the dough is smooth.
3. Place the dough in a well-greased bowl, grease the top, cover and let rise in a warm place (80° to 85° F.) for one and one-half hours.
4. Punch dough down, fold over edges of dough and turn it upside down. Cover and let rise fifteen to twenty minutes.
5. Shape dough into a loaf and place in a greased bread pan 9 x 4 x 3 inches. Cover and let stand about fifty-five to sixty minutes in a warm place until dough fills the pan.
6. Bake in a preheated hot oven (400° F.) about fifty minutes.