Whole Wheat-Carrot Bread
|Whole wheat flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||2 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
1. Combine flours, dry yeast, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Heat milk, water, oil, and honey until very warm (120Â°).
3. Add liquid gradually to flour mixture. Beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes.
4. Stir in grated carrots and enough flour to make a soft dough.
5. Allow dough to rest for 10 minutes on a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic. Cover; let rise until double in bulk, about 1 hour.
6. Punch down. Divide in half. Shape into 2 round loaves or place into 2 non stick loaf pans. Cover; let rise until, double in bulk, about 30 minutes.
7. Bake at 375Â° for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool before slicing.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4165 Calories from Fat 644
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g113.3%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g53%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.3 mg3.1%
Sodium 1344.5 mg56%
Total Carbohydrates 779 g259.8%
Dietary Fiber 92.4 g369.7%
Sugars 94.7 g
Protein 138 g276%
Vitamin A 429.5% Vitamin C 21%
Calcium 88.6% Iron 223.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet