Whole Wheat-Carrot Bread
|Whole wheat flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||2 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
1. Combine flours, dry yeast, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Heat milk, water, oil, and honey until very warm (120Â°).
3. Add liquid gradually to flour mixture. Beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes.
4. Stir in grated carrots and enough flour to make a soft dough.
5. Allow dough to rest for 10 minutes on a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic. Cover; let rise until double in bulk, about 1 hour.
6. Punch down. Divide in half. Shape into 2 round loaves or place into 2 non stick loaf pans. Cover; let rise until, double in bulk, about 30 minutes.
7. Bake at 375Â° for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool before slicing.