Ginger Batter Bread
|Unbleached flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Combine unbleached flour, yeast, salt, and ginger in a large bowl.
2. Add warm (120Â°) milk, water, oil, and honey to flour mixture. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Cover. Let rise 15 minutes.
3. Stir in whole wheat flour by hand.
4. Divide dough in half and shape into loaves. Let rise in nonstick loaf pan for 40 minutes.
5. Bake at 375Â° for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool on rack before slicing.