Ginger Batter Bread
|Unbleached flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry yeast||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Combine unbleached flour, yeast, salt, and ginger in a large bowl.
2. Add warm (120Â°) milk, water, oil, and honey to flour mixture. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Cover. Let rise 15 minutes.
3. Stir in whole wheat flour by hand.
4. Divide dough in half and shape into loaves. Let rise in nonstick loaf pan for 40 minutes.
5. Bake at 375Â° for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool on rack before slicing.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1984 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.3%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 990.2 mg41.3%
Total Carbohydrates 401 g133.7%
Dietary Fiber 40.1 g160.4%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 65 g130.9%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 0.17%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 130.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet