Mushroom Onion Bread
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry yeast||2 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Saute mushrooms and onion.
2. Heat milk; stir in honey, oil, salt, and pepper. Cool to lukewarm.
3. Sprinkle yeast over warm water. Add milk mixture, egg whites, wheat germ, and 2 cups unbleached flour. Add sauteed mushrooms and onions. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough flour to make a stiff dough. Knead on a floured surface until smooth and elastic, 10 minutes. Cover; let rise until double in bulk.
4. Punch down. Divide into 3 parts and shape into loaves. Cover and let rise in nonstick loaf pans until double in bulk.
5. Bake at 400Â° for 40 minutes. Cool on racks before slicing.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4413 Calories from Fat 268
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.3%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.3 mg3.1%
Sodium 2338.5 mg97.4%
Total Carbohydrates 883 g294.3%
Dietary Fiber 79.5 g318.1%
Sugars 44 g
Protein 167 g334.6%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 31.4%
Calcium 88.8% Iron 295.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet