Mushroom Onion Bread
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry yeast||2 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Saute mushrooms and onion.
2. Heat milk; stir in honey, oil, salt, and pepper. Cool to lukewarm.
3. Sprinkle yeast over warm water. Add milk mixture, egg whites, wheat germ, and 2 cups unbleached flour. Add sauteed mushrooms and onions. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough flour to make a stiff dough. Knead on a floured surface until smooth and elastic, 10 minutes. Cover; let rise until double in bulk.
4. Punch down. Divide into 3 parts and shape into loaves. Cover and let rise in nonstick loaf pans until double in bulk.
5. Bake at 400Â° for 40 minutes. Cool on racks before slicing.