Eagle Brand is a popular brand from USA for sweetened, low-fat, and fat-free condensed milk. The brand is popular due to its ingredients that make the products made from its condensed milk, creamy, smooth and delicious in taste. The Eagle Brand’s sweetened condensed milk has gained immense popularity since 1856 and has been the first choice of good cooks of the country for over 147 years.
In 1856, Gail Borden introduced the brand to fight illnesses and conditions like food poisoning caused due to lack of refrigeration of food. The food became popular amongst households due to the civil war when the military needed milk and Borden’s condensed milk fulfilled all the needs. During 1939, Eagle Brand grew and became very popular amongst the US residents due to the promotional help from Elsie, the Borden Cow. The Cow appears on the cover of all the products of Eagle Brand and in 1938, it made her first appearance in the national consumer magazine. In 1939, it was also displayed at the New York World’s Fair.
The 1960s, was the year when Elsie became the most popular and most spoke cow of the United States. It was considered as the symbol for quality and wholesomeness. All the great chefs and cooks of the country continued to make delicious desserts with the help of Borden’s Eagle Brand. In 1856,
In 1994, the Low Fat Sweetened Condensed Milk was brought into the market, with half the fat of the original Sweetened Condensed Milk by Eagle Brand. It was made of skimmed milk and whole milk as a low-fat alternative.
Another popular product in the same category was introduced in 1995, called The Fat-Free Sweetened Condensed Milk consisting only skimmed milk. It was introduced for preparation of the desserts without the added fat and without compromising with taste.
In 2011, new packing with a new logo and easy to open end was introduced.
- Eagle Brand’s Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Eagle Brand’s Low-Fat Condensed Milk
- Eagle Brand’s Fat-Free Condensed Milk
- In North America, infant mortality rate was reduced drastically by consuming the Eagle Brand Sweetened milk.
- The three varieties of condensed milk are available in 14 ounce cans.
- The cans have 7 different recipes printed on their labels.
- In 1931, there was a promotion which offered home cooks $25 for their original recipes made from the condensed milk. During that time, more than 80,000 recipes were submitted to Eagle Brand.