Dunkin Donuts is a chain of coffee and baked foods, headquarted in Canton. Dunkin donuts gives tough competition to the other popular coffee chains or coffee shops like Starbucks and Krispy. It is one of the popular coffee chains that serves over 3 million customers a day. The shops are located in more than 32 countries in the world.
Dunkin Donuts was opened by Bill Rosenburg in 1950, in Massachusetts.
- Espresso: A thicker coffee made by pressing the very hot water through the finely ground coffee beans.
- Latte: Coffee made with steamed soy milk or milk with espresso.
- Cappuccino: Coffee made of steamed milk foam, espresso, and hot milk.
- Iced Latte: Cold coffee made of espresso and by pouring milk on ice.
- Tea : Drink made by putting cured leaves of a species of plant, Camellia Sinensis.
- Coolatta: A frozen drink, made of fruit juice and coffee.
- Hot Chocolate: Hot drink made of cocoa powder, shaved chocolate, milk and sugar.
- Danishes : These are sweet croissants.
- Donut : Donut is a sweet shaped flour and sugar dough with a hole in it. It usually comes in the shape of ring.
- Muffins: These small cakes that are quick to make and made of sugar, eggs, flour, and various flavors.
- Hash Browns: It is a potato preparation, made by shredding the potatoes and then pan fried.
- Cookies: cookies are baked treats, made of sugar, eggs, and flour.
- Big, N Toasted: Consists of 4 slices of Cherrywood Smoked Bacon, 2 fried eggs, and American cheese on thick Texas Toast
- Sandwiches : Sandwiches are made two or more slices of bread with vegetables, chicken, fish, ham as the filling.
- Wake Up Wraps: These are made of flatbread tortillas with fillings of bacon, vegetables and sauces.
From 1950 to 1991, Only at Dunkin Donuts
From 1950 to 1964, The Place for Donuts and Coffee
From 1964 to 1967, America’s Favorite Donut and Coffee Shoppe
From 1967 to 1968, America’s Favorite Donut Shoppe
From 1973 to 1976, America’s Dunkin
From 1976 to 1979, Always Dunkin
From 1979 to 1990, It’s Worth the Trip
Uncertain Date, You Can’t Get Better Tasting Coffee
From 1980 to 1993, You’re Dunkin
From 1993 to 1997, You’re Still Dunkin
In 2000s, Just the Thing
Since 2007 to present, America Runs on Dunkin
Dunkin Donuts had announced a Free Iced Coffee Day on it’s Facebook page, which only happened in 13 cities. The consumers got furious due to the limited scope of the promotion and took the anger out on the social media, Facebook page.
Krispy, Starbucks, Tim Hortons, and Kreme are the major competitors of Dunkin Donuts.
Awards and Recognition
Dunkin Donuts earned the first position for customer loyalty in coffee grouping.
- In 2007, Dunkin Donuts reduced the use of trans fats from their foods and instead began to use a mix of cottonseed oils, soyabean and palm. It also launched a new healthy menu called the DDSMART, with food having lesser calories, fat, sugar and sodium.
- The website of Dunkin Donuts offers an interesting feature for consumers to locate the stores while they are travelling through roads.
- Dunkin Donuts Green store, was opened in 2008 at St. Petersburg, Florida. The restaurant is a certified restaurant in LEED (Energy and Environmental Design), having programs like water efficient plumbing fixtures, potable water for irrigation and worm casting.
- Dunkin Donuts in USA, is sometimes coupled with the Baskin Robbins ice cream shops, which generally have two counters for each chain, just like Tim Hortons and Wendy’s.