Blimpie is a popular American brand or fresh Sandwiches, or Submarines, offering products that are healthy, fresh and satiating.
Blimpie’s history dates back to the year 1964, when three friends with entrepreneurial spirit decided to start up a food chain offering submarines or submarine sandwiches. They could gather all the information and resources to start up the business however, they could not decide upon the name. For this, all three of them went through many books, and dictionaries and in a dictionary they found a word “Blimp” with a picture that resembled the healthy sandwich with fresh ingredients. That was the time when they decided on the name and opened their first restaurant, Blimpie in Hoboken, NJ on 4th April 1964. The brand has grown since then and has various outlets in many cities of United States.
Deli Subs: These subs are freshly made and served on baked bread or as a wrap. This category consists of:
- Blimpie Best : consists of cappacola, slow cured ham, prosciuttini, onion, oregano, provolone and tomatoes.
- Roast Reef and Provolone : Contains beef, lettuce, tomato, oregano, and oil
- The Club: Contains oven roasted turkey, slow cured ham, lettuce, tomato, oregano and oil.
- Ham and Swiss: Swiss with tomatoes, slow cured ham, onion, vinegar, and oil.
- Tuna : Tuna, tomatoes, and lettuce.
- Vegetable Supreme: Consists of banana peppers, lettuce, vinegar, oil, oregano, onion, and provolone.
Super Stacked Subs: These subs consist of double portions of meat and include the following:
- Super Stacked Trio : Consists of oven roasted turkey, swiss and tomatoes, vinegar, oregano, lettuce, and top round beef.
- Super Stacked Blimpie Best: This sub consists of salami, slow cured ham, prosciuttini, lettuce, oil, vinegar, and oregano.
- Super Stacked Hot Pastrami: Consists of melted swiss and spicy mustard, and thinly sliced smoked pastrami.
- Super Stacked B.L.T: Consists of crisp bacon, mayo, lettuce, and tomatoes.
- Super Stacked Turkey and Bacon: this has crisp bacon, oven roasted turkey, lettuce, onion, oil, vinegar, and oregano.
Hot Subs, consists of
- Meatball Parmigiana: consists of pork blended meatballs smothered in marina sauce/Italian beef, melted provolone, parmesan
- Chicken Cheddar Bacon Ranch: consists of smoked melted cheddar, crisp bacon, grilled chicken breast, onion, lettuce with ranch dressing.
- Grilled Chicken Teriyaki: consists of chicken breast, onion, melted provolone, and teriyaki sauce.
- Philly Cheese Steak: consists of onion and sliced steak with peppercorn dressing and melted provolone.
- Hot Pastrami: consists of spicy mustard, smoked pastrami.
- VegiMax: consists of lettuce, tomatoes, veggie patty and melted provolone, with Italian dressing.
Panini Grilled Subs: These are toasty subs, and served hot on grilled Ciabatta bread, they have the following variety
- Buffalo Chicken: consists of buffalo chicken breast, hot sauce and ranch dressing, and provolone with tomatoes and onion.
- Tuscan: consists of pepperoni, provolone, oven roasted turkey, and creamy Italian dressing.
- Ultimate Club: this consists of crisp bacon, Swiss with tomatoes, oven roasted turkey, and slow cured ham.
- Beef, Turkey and Cheddar: consists of turkey, smoked cheddar, top round roasted beef, peppercorn dressing and oven roasted turkey.
- Sicillian: consists of pepperoni, roasted red peppers, slow-cured ham, and creamy Italian dressing.
The Wraps consist of fresh ingredients like vegetables, chicken, meat, wrapped in Tortillas. The wraps by Blimpie consist of following:
- Southwestern Wrap: Crisp bacon, tomatoes, oven roasted turkey, chipotle mayo wrapped in salsa tortilla.
- Grilled Chicken Corden Blimpie Wrap: consists of melted Swiss and Peppercorn dressing, grilled chicken breast, Prosciuttini, wrapped in grilled flour tortilla.
- Chicken Caeser Wrap: consists of chicken breast, shredded Parmesan, lettuce, tomatoes, and Caesar dressing in spinach tortilla.
Kids Meal: The Kids Meal at Blimpie’s is fun to eat, nutritional and filling. It consists of Turkey and Cheese/ham and Cheese/Tuna Kid Size subs with Juice or kid’s drink, chips or cookie.
Fresh Picks: Fresh Picks consist of salads with a variety of Grilled Chicken and Caesar Salad, Garden Salad, Antipasto Salad, and Soup of the day.
Drinks and Sides: It consists of drinks and sides like bottled water, soda, extra meat, extra cheese, side garden salad, potato salad, Cole Slaw and macaroni salad.
Desserts: Desserts at Blimpie’s consist of Brownie and Gourmet Cookie.
Blimpie has a huge variety of subs, sandwiches, and wraps with nutritious fillings. The restaurants are clean, and offer comfortable seating area.
Blimpie’s also does catering for parties, meetings, and family or friends get together.