Raisin Bran Bread
|Buttermilk/Thick sour milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All bran cereal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Raisins/Chopped dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F.
2. Grease a baking pan.
3. Pour buttermilk over bran and allow it to stand for 10 minutes.
4. Further, sdd sugar, baking soda and salt to the bran mixture, stirring well until combined.
5. In a separate bowl, mix fruit and nuts with flour.
6. Stir this flour mixture into the bran mixture.
7. Add the batter to a greased pan.
8. Bake for approximately 1 hour.
9. Allow the bread to cool a bit.
10. Cut in into slices before serving.
Calories 381 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.8%
Saturated Fat 0.36 g1.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 656.6 mg27.4%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g27.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.6%
Sugars 46.4 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 5% Vitamin C 34.3%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 44.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet