Raisin Bran Bread
|Buttermilk/Thick sour milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|All bran cereal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Raisins/Chopped dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°F.
2. Grease a baking pan.
3. Pour buttermilk over bran and allow it to stand for 10 minutes.
4. Further, sdd sugar, baking soda and salt to the bran mixture, stirring well until combined.
5. In a separate bowl, mix fruit and nuts with flour.
6. Stir this flour mixture into the bran mixture.
7. Add the batter to a greased pan.
8. Bake for approximately 1 hour.
9. Allow the bread to cool a bit.
10. Cut in into slices before serving.