Peanut Bran Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|100% bran cereal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Salted peanuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. In a bowl cream together, butter and sugar until light anf fluffy.
2. Now, add vanilla, egg, and beat very well. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, bran cereal and mix well to make dough.
3. Allow the dough to chill in the refrigerator.
4. Using the chiled dough, shape into small balls about the size of walnuts. Roll in to chopped salted peanuts.
5. Onto a greased baking sheet, place the balls at about 2 inches from each other. Flattening slightly fom the top with a fork.
6. In a preheated oven, bake the cookies at 200 degrees centigrade for about 10 to 15 minutes until slightly golden brown.
7. Allow it to cool on a wire rack.
8. Serve at room temperature.