Grand Bran Burgers
|Ground beef chuck||1 Pound|
|Ground veal||1 Pound|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|100% bran cereal||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Nabisco)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Caraway seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a large bowl, combine the meats.
2. Mix well, using your hands or a large fork, to break the lumps.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl.
4. Knead the mixture or whisk with fork until all ingredients are amalgamated.
5. Slightly dampen palms with oil or water.
6. Shape the meat mixture into 6 or 12 equal size patties of 1/2 -€“inch thickness.
7. Broil, fry, or barbecue over a grill, until cooked to desired doneness.
8. Serve the burgers with a sauce or gravy and mash on the side or serve on buns topped with your favorite condiments and toppings.