Cheddar Bran Muffins
|Whole bran||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Buttermilk/Sour milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 Cup)|
1. Grease muffin pan and preheat oven at 400°.
2. Soften bran in a pan with buttermilk.
3. Cream shortening and sugar till fluffy and beat in egg.
4. In a bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt and soda.
5. Add to creamed mixture alternately with bran mixture and stir in cheese.
6. Fill greased muffin pans 2/3 full.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
8. Serve warm the muffins warm with coffee or beverages.