|Grated orange rind||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sifted flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Bran flakes||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven at 425° F.
2) Grease a baking sheet.
3) Combine the orange rind with butter and mix well.
4) Slowly add in the sugar and beat till light and fluffy.
5) Add in the egg, milk, and orange juice and beat well.
6) Combine and sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
7) Mix into the creamed mix and blend well.
8) Stir in the cereal and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
9) On a lightly-floured board, roll out the dough little at a time to about 1/8 inch thick.
10) Cut with a 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter.
11) Arrange on the baking sheet.
12) Place in the in the oven and bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
13) Serve with whipped cream.