Bran Cheese Waffles
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||3 Ounce, well chilled|
|Whole wheat flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Bran||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Skim milk powder||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Non Instant)|
1) In a measuring cup,mix together egg yolks, oil and water and put aside.
2) Cut Cheddar cheese to fit feed tube(use shredding disc) and shred.
3) In work bowl of the food processor (now use the meatl blade),put the cheese and add flour, baking powder, bran, milk powder and salt and pulse on/off to mix.
4) While the machine is running, pour in the liquid mixture.
5) Stop the machine as soon as all the liquid has been added.
6) Ensure that you do not overblend.
7) Into a medium mixing bowl,ladle the batter.
8) Wash both the bowl and metal blade,pat dry.
9) Now to the work bowl,add the egg whites(use meatl blade of the food processor for this).
10) Blend until stiff,fluffy peaks form, but not dry.
11) Slowly fold into batter.
12) Bake in a hot waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
13) Adjust consistecy with milk,if the batter becomes very thick.
14) Serve hot.