Date Nut Bran Muffins
|Boiling water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Bran cereal||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Dates||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
1. In a bowl, take the cereal and pour boiling water over it.
2. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
3. In another bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and keep aside.
4. Mix the egg, milk and vegetable oil with the cereal.
5. Add the mixture to the flour mixture and stir until moistened.
6. Add 1/4 cup pecans and dates and fold them in.
7. Take six single paper-lined muffin cups and fill them 1/2 to 2/3 full with the mixture.
8. Sprinkle each muffin with 1 teaspoon pecans.
9. In the microwave, cook for 2 to 3 1/2 minutes at Power 7 or Medium High, until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
10. Let them stand for 1 to 2 minutes.
11. Cool the muffins on a rack further for 5 to 10 minutes.
12. Repeat the process to make more muffins.
13. Serve warm.