Raisin and Bran
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Bran cereal||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Golden raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven moderately to 375°F (190°C)
2) Take cookie sheets and grease lightly.
3) For the Electric Mixer Method cream butter in a bowl.
4) Beat sugar till fluffy.
5) Beat in egg, vanilla extract till well blended.
6) In a medium bowl mix remaining ingredients except raisins.
7) Blend to the creamed mixture and beat till smooth.
8) Fold in raisins by hand.
9) For the Food Processor Method, begin with creaming butter using the appropriate blade.
10) Beat sugar till fluffy.
11) While the processor is running add egg and vanilla extract and process well.
12) In a medium bowl mix remaining ingredients except raisins.
13) Add the batter to workbowl one half at a time and process.
14) Pulse the raisin to fit in the dough.
15) On the cookies sheets drop one tablespoons of the batter at a time.
16) Put in preheated oven to bake for 14-16 minutes till firm and golden.
17) Place in wire racks and cool.
18) Serve as a snack with any hot beverage.