Bran Pie Crust Shells
|Bran||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cold water||6 Tablespoon|
1) Take a large bowl and crush bran into fine crumbs.
2) Combine flour and salt and mix it with the crumbs.
3) Now cut the shortening into two parts, one to the consistency of cornmeal and the other to the consistency of peas. Add both of these to the bowl mixture.
4) With a large fork, mix the contents in the bowl by adding drops of cold water from time to time. Mix until dough is formed and it is moist enough to hold itself together.
5) Place the dough on a waxed paper and shape it into a ball. Wrap dough in the waxed paper and allow it to chill.
5) To make crust shells, roll out dough on a lightly floured board.
6) Use as desired.