|Grated orange rind||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Bran flakes||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Put orange rind to butter and blend well until creamy.
3. Slowly add sugar and blend until frothy.
4. Put egg, milk and orange juice and stir well.
5. Sieve together flour, baking powder and salt; put it into creamed mixture and mix.
6. Add cereal and refrigerate the mixture for an hour.
7. On a lightly floured board, roll the dough to 1/8 inch thickness.
8. With a cookie cutter of 2 ½ inch, make the cookies.
9. Bake the cookies for 6-8 minutes.
10. Serve in a dish.