All Bran Meatloaf
|All bran cereal||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Beef mince||1 1⁄2 Pound (750 Gram)|
|Veal mince||1⁄2 Pound (250 Gram)|
|Mince pork||1⁄2 Pound (250 Gram)|
|Chopped spring onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Dried thyme||1⁄8 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Rindless bacon||1⁄2 Pound (250 Gram)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Place bran in a food processor and process until it has the texture of coarse crumbs.
2. Melt butter in a heavy-based skillet over medium heat, stir in bran. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
3. Transfer bran to a bowl, add beef, veal, pork, spring onions, tomato paste, egg, thyme, parsley and mix thoroughly.
4. Line a 10 cm/4 in deep loaf pan with bacon and place mixture into pan.
5. Combine mustard and chili sauce in a small bowl. Mix well and spread over the top and side of the meatloaf.
6. Bake in moderate oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until cooked through.