Peachy Bran Coffee Cake
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned sliced peaches||1 Pound (1 Can)|
|All bran/Bran buds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soft shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Set aside.
2. Drain peaches, reserving syrup. Combine All-Bran and 2/3 cup peach syrup; let stand until moisture is absorbed. Add egg and shortening; beat well.
3. Add sifted dry ingredients, stirring only until combined. Spread in well greased 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. With floured spoon make grooves in batter diagonally across pan about 1 1/2 inches apart, forming a lattice. Place drained peach slices carefully in grooves.
4. Combine sugar and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over the peaches and batter.
5. Bake in moderately hot oven (400° F.) about 30 minutes or until done. Cut in squares and serve immediately.