Chocolate Bran Brownies
|Sifted all purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate pieces||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole bran cereal/Whole bran cereal with wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. Place shortening, sugar, and water in a saucepan. Bring to boiling over moderate heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat immediately.
3. Add semisweet chocolate pieces and vanilla extract; stir until chocolate pieces are melted. Add eggs and beat well.
4. Add flour mixture, cereal, and nuts; mix well. Spread batter in a greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
5. Bake at 325°F about 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool thoroughly in pan on wire rack before cutting in squares.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2793 Calories from Fat 1394
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 156 g240.7%
Saturated Fat 40.4 g202.2%
Trans Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 2228.1 mg92.8%
Total Carbohydrates 320 g106.5%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.5%
Sugars 169.6 g
Protein 46 g92.2%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 17.2% Iron 79%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet