|Fish fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound (mixture of different varieties)|
|Shrimps||3 Tablespoon, cooked|
|Mussels||6 , cooked|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Grated lemon rind||To Taste|
|Potatoes||1⁄2 Pound, peeled, chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 , chopped|
1) Preheat the oven to 400F. Grease the romertorpf with butter.
2) In a skillet, heat oil. Add in the chopped onions and crushed garlic.
3) Tear the fish into uneven pieces and drop into the skillet. Saute for a few minutes till the fish skins change color.
4) Take the greased romertorpf and add a few small pieces of butter in the bottom of the vessel.
5) Add in the potatoes and tomatoes first into the vessel. Next, add in the sauted fish pieces.
6) In a bowl containing the stock, add in the saffron, bay leaf, lemon rind, salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour the seasoned stock over the fish and vegetables.
7) Cover the vessel and cook for about 60 minutes.
8) Season the soup with required ingredients again, if necessary.
9) Pour in the brandy into the soup. Stir well to mix.
10) Serve the Romertopf Bouillabaisse in individual bowls. Drop in a few mussels and shrimps in each bowl.
11) Garnish further with chopped parsley.