Kitchen Shelf Bouillabaisse
|Canned crabmeat||7 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce, cut up (1 Can)|
|Clam juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned water packed tuna||7 Ounce, drained and flaked (1 Can)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried onion||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Dried parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|French bread slices||5 , toasted|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated (For Serving)|
1. Drain the crabmeat, reserving liquid for later use.
2. Break meat into chunks and discard any cartilage.
3. In a saucepan mix together the crab, reserved crab liquid, un-drained tomatoes, clam juice, tuna, white wine, dried onion, parsley flakes, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and garlic powder; and bring the mixture to boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes.
5. Ladle into individual soup bowls and top each serving with a slice of toasted French bread.
6. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese and serve hot.
Calories 424 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.4%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 51.1 mg17%
Sodium 1442.5 mg60.1%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.5%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 23 g46%
Vitamin A 20.5% Vitamin C 25.4%
Calcium 18.6% Iron 40.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet