|Sliced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced red onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fennel||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced (Use Fresh)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Peeled seeded chopped tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Bay leaves||2 Quart|
|Fennel seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red snapper||1 Pound, cut in to 1 inch chunks|
|Peeled and deveined shrimp||24|
1) In a pot, heat oil and sautÃ© the carrots, celery, onions and fennel for 5 minutes.
2) Add the tomatoes, garlic, and saffron, sautÃ© for 5 minutes.
3) Add the stock, bay leaves, fennel seed and oregano.
4) Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
5) Add the snapper, scallops and shrimp.
6) Cover and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until the seafood is tender.
7) Discard the bay leaves.
8) Serve the Bouillabaisse hot, sprinkled with sniped chives.