|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Leeks||2 , chopped|
|Carrots||2 , chopped|
|Ripe tomatoes/1/2 cup canned tomatoes||4|
|Chopped fennel||1 Tablespoon|
|Saffron||1 Pinch, soaked in boiling water|
|Parsley stalks||5 , chopped|
|Fish stock/Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Shrimp||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Clams||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lobster meat||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|French bread slice||8|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Mixed fish||2 Pound (Red Snapper, Flounder, Whiting, Halibut, Perch, Red Mullet, Haddock, Eel)|
|Orange zest pieces||3 (Thinly Peeled Pieces)|
1. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onions, leeks,carrots, and garlic. Cook slowly until golden brown, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
2. Add the fish, which should be boneless and cut into chunks. Add the peeled, chopped tomatoes (or canned tomatoes), bay leaf, fennel, saffron, thyme, parsley, orange zest, fish stock or water, salt, and pepper. Cover the pan, and cook for 1 5-20 minutes.
3. Then add the shellfish, leaving the shrimp whole but cutting the clam or lobster meat into chunks (canned minced clams and canned lobster meat can be used). Bring to a boil, and cook for 6-8 minutes. Then add lemon juice and wine. Reheat for a few more minutes, and adjust seasoning.
4. While the soup is cooking, cut the French bread into 1/2 inch slices and put into a warm oven to bake hard. Mix the softened butter with a crushed clove of garlic; add pepper and salt. Spread this paste onto the bread slices.
5. Put a slice of bread into the bottom of each soup cup or plate. Carefully spoon the pieces of fish and shellfish into the soup cups, dividing equally; then spoon over the broth. Sprinkle with chopped pars ley and serve at once.