|Tongue||5 Pound (Fresh)|
|Onions||3 , sliced|
|Kosher salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 , diced|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 325° F.
2) Take a saucepan with boiling water and plunge tongue in it. Cook like that for about 10 minutes.
3) Drain and remove root and skin.
4) Take a roasting pan and place tongue in it. Add onions around it.
5) Sprinkle pepper, salt and garlic powder.
6) Stir in tomato sauce, water, bay leaves and tomatoes.
7) Cover the pan and roast in the oven for about 3 hours or until tongue becomes tender. Keep basting regularly and remove the pan cover in last 30 minutes.
8) Remove bay leaf and serve immediately.