|Tongue||5 Pound (Fresh)|
|Onions||3 , sliced|
|Kosher salt||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 , diced|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 325° F.
2) Take a saucepan with boiling water and plunge tongue in it. Cook like that for about 10 minutes.
3) Drain and remove root and skin.
4) Take a roasting pan and place tongue in it. Add onions around it.
5) Sprinkle pepper, salt and garlic powder.
6) Stir in tomato sauce, water, bay leaves and tomatoes.
7) Cover the pan and roast in the oven for about 3 hours or until tongue becomes tender. Keep basting regularly and remove the pan cover in last 30 minutes.
8) Remove bay leaf and serve immediately.
Calories 773 Calories from Fat 583
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.8%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.21%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 643.2 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 40 g80.4%
Vitamin A 18.7% Vitamin C 16.7%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 47.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet