|Beef tongue||2 3⁄4 Pound, washed and drained (1 In Number)|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, quartered|
|Carrots||2 Large, pared|
|Onion||1 Large, quartered|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) Take a 5- or 6-quart saucepan,add the remaining ingredients and allow to boil.
2) Simmer by lowering the heat to a minimum, cover with lid, and cook until tongue is fork-soft for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
3) Rest the meat to cool in broth.
4) Take away the tongue from broth, retaining the broth.
5) On underside of tongue, slit skin lengthwise from root to tip and pare off the skin.
6) Snap off root end for any small bones, and gristle.
7) Initiating at the large end, slice thin diagonally across the grain.
8) Serve hot.