Home Pressed Tongue
|Stock/Water plus stock cube||3⁄4 Pint|
1) Use a deep saucepan, to place the tongues after washing.
2) Pour in the stock.
3) Place the saucepan over heat and bring to the boil.
4) Cover with a lid and simmer 1 1/2-2 hours, or until tender (test the tip of the tongue with a skewer) by reducing the heat.
5) Remove the skin while it is still hot. Remove the gristle from the base of the tongue.
6) Curl the tongues round.
7) Use a small mould or basin of 3-4 inches diameter to press the tongues. Place the tongues facing in opposite directions so that they will fit in neatly and tightly.
8) Cover with a sheet of kitchen foil or greased paper and top with a heavy weight.
9) Leave overnight.
10) Serve sliced with cucumber in sour cream.