Blueberry Lemon Swirl
|Unflavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 package)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frozen unsweetened blueberries||1 Pound (1 bag)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
1) Take the cold water in a cup and sprinkle gelatin into it. Allow it to stand for 2 minutes to make the gelatin soft.
2) Take a saucepan and mix the blueberries, 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon stick into it. Boil the mixture over medium heat.
6) Strain the blueberries mixture and drain the liquid completely from the blueberries.
7) Pour the blueberries juice into the saucepan and add half of the softened gelatin. Heat the mixture over low heat for few minutes.
8) Add the vanilla and keep the mixture aside.
9) Take a saucepan and mix the egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, lemon juice, lemon rind and sugar.
10) Cook them on medium heat.
11) Remove from the heat when the mixture starts boiling.
12) Pour the remaining gelatin.
13) Pour the lemon mixture into another bowl.
14) Keep both the bowl into the refrigerator for 45 minutes.
15) Take a bowl and beat the egg whites. Add the 1/2 cup of sugar and continue beating the mixture.
16) Divide the beaten egg whites into half.
17) Mix 1/2 cup of beaten whites and one half of the blueberry mixture.
18) Fold in the remaining part of the half.
19) Mix 1/2 cup of beaten whites from the second half into the lemon mixture. Gradually add the remaining egg whites.
20) Put the blueberry mixture into a bowl and pour the lemon mixture on top of the blueberry mixture.
21) To make the swirls, you can either fold or stir with a rubber spatula. Make sure to do this only 2 times.
22) Pour the mixture into soufflÃ© dish or bowl and keep in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
23) Garnish the dish with blueberries or lemon wedges and serve it.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1694 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 370.2 mg123.4%
Sodium 478.5 mg19.9%
Total Carbohydrates 316 g105.4%
Dietary Fiber 14.6 g58.5%
Sugars 291.8 g
Protein 99 g197.8%
Vitamin A 13.3% Vitamin C 87.3%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet