Very Nice Ice
|Fresh raspberries/Frozen dry, thawed||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh blueberries/Frozen dry, thawed||1 Cup (16 tbs), thawed|
|Light corn syrup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) In the freezer, chill a 13x9x2-inch non-aluminium or other non-reactive metal baking pan for about 30 minutes.
2) Combine together the raspberries, blueberries, corn syrup, ½ cup of water and honey in a food processor or blender.
3) Process the ingredients till a smooth mixture is formed.
4) Through a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl, strain the mixture so as to remove the seeds.
5) Pour the mixture into the chilled metal pan. Place in the freezer.
6) Use a fork to stir the edges of the ice into the rest of the mixture every 2 hours so that the mixture is evenly incorporated. The mixture should be evenly crystallized. This takes about 6 hours.
7) Scoop the preparation into individual bowls and serve. To store, scrape into an airtight container and place in the freezer. In order to ensure that the texture is smooth, scrape into a food processor and process till smooth. Serve right away.
Calories 238 Calories from Fat 6
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.7 g1.1%
Saturated Fat 0.02 g0.12%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 28.3 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.4%
Sugars 33.8 g
Protein 1 g2.5%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 39.1%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 3.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet