Fresh Blackberries with Hazelnut Cheese
|Picked wild blackberries||750 Gram (1.5 Pound)|
|Dark brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Angostura bitters||2 Teaspoon|
|Hazelnuts||50 Gram (2 Ounce)|
|Caster sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Petit suisse cheeses||6|
1. Sort through the blackberries and discard any that look hard or even slightly red. Mix the brown sugar and Angostura bitters with the remaining blackberries.
2. In a frying pan toast the hazelnuts and add the caster sugar when they have coloured. Shake the pan continuously to coat the nuts in the now melting and caramelized sugar. Set aside to cool.
3. When cold, crush or grind the caramel-coated nuts, then spread them out on a large sheet of greaseproof paper.
4. Roll each Petit Suisse in the crushed nuts, gently pressing the nuts on to the surface. As each cheese is covered, transfer it to a plate in the refrigerator to set slightly.
5. Just before serving, place the balls in individual serving bowls and surround each one with blackberries.