Red Velvet Crepes With Cheesecake Filling And Blackberry Coulis
|Whole milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided (½ cup for the red velvet crepe batter + ¼ cup for the blackberry coulis)|
|Regular salt||2 Pinch|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, divided (2 tablespoons, melted for the red velvet crepe batter + 1 tablespoon for pan frying the crepe batter)|
|Sugar||19 Tablespoon, divided (1 tablespoon for the red velvet crepe batter + ¼ cup cup for the blackberry coulis + 2 cups powdered sugar for the vanilla cheese filling)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon, divided (1 teaspoon for the red velvet crepe batter + 1 teaspoon for the vanilla cheese filling)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Food color||1 Pinch|
|Blackberry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mascarpone cheese||8 Ounce|
1. For the red velvet crepe batter: In a large bowl, combine the eggs, egg yolk, milk, water, salt, sugar, vanilla and melted butter, whisk it until foamy.
2. Add flour, cocoa powder, food coloring and whisk until smooth. Let the batter sit for about an hour at room temperature.
3. For the blackberry coulis: In a small mixing bowl, add the blackberries, sugar, water, and cornstarch and gently crush the blackberries with a fork.
4. Transfer the blackberries to a saucepan and bring to a boil. When it comes to a boil, lower the heat and bring it to a simmer and reduce it until it is a syrupy consistency, for about 15 minutes.
5. For the vanilla cheese cake filling: In a medium size mixing bowl, add the marscapone, powdered sugar, vanilla essence and incorporate the ingredients with the help of a fork.
6. Add some more sugar, mix it nicely with the fork and then with a hand mixer until it’s smooth.
7. In a small non-stick pan, heat up enough butter to coat the pan over low-medium heat. When butter has melted, add 2 tablespoons of the red velvet crepe batter into the pan and swirl around to spread the batter.
8. Cook this until the top of the batter is no longer shiny, about 1 minute. Flip and cook the other side for about 10-15 seconds. Remove and repeat the same with the rest of the batter.
9. To prepare the red velvet crepes, start by placing one velvet crepe on a plate, apply the cheese cake filling on one side of the crepe and top the filling with the blackberry coulis.
10. Fold it into a roll and slice it half.
11. Serve the vanilla crepes topped with the cheese filling, blackberry coulis, powdered sugar on a dessert plate and garnish it with some fresh blackberries.