Blackberry Peach Turnovers
|Fresh blackberries||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or frozen)|
|Fresh raspberries||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or frozen)|
|Peaches||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled, chopped finely|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Puff pastry sheet||1 Medium, thawed|
|Egg||1 Medium, lightly beaten|
|Confectioner sugar||2 Tablespoon (FOR DUSTING)|
1. In a pan place the berries and peaches. Sprinkle sugar and pour in orange juice and cornstarch. Mix until the sugar and the cornstarch dissolve.
2. Place on heat to simmer the mixture, stirring constantly until the filling has thickened, about 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and cool down completely.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
6. Roll out pastry puff sheet until it is about 1/10th of an inch. Cut it into squares.
7. Place a small spoonful of filling in the middle and fold into little pouches. You can make these bigger and fold them into triangles.
8. Firmly seal the edges using a fork and place the pouches on to a parchment lined baking sheet.
9. Brush them with a lightly beaten egg and bake them for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the pastry is browned and puffed.
10. Remove from oven and cool down.
11. Dust with confectioner’s sugar.
12. In a serving plate either it can be served as a snack or as dessert.
These will keep great for a couple of days in a sealed container.
Calories 177 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.2%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.5 mg5.2%
Sodium 126.3 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 18.1 g
Protein 2 g4.9%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 15.4%
Calcium 1% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet